Nutrition Info per 1 ½ cup serving
Protein: 20 g
Carb: 55 g Fiber: 10 g
Total Fat: 10.5 g
Sat Fat: 4 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Calcium: 269 mg
Potassium: 1,302 mg
Sodium: 470 mg
Phosphorus: 380 mg
Anything Goes Pasta Toss Recipe
By November 21, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Bowls (4 Servings)
360 Calories per serving.
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Rotini or Fusilli Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Can Use Frozen Pre-Chopped onion Chopped
- 5 Cloves garlic Sliced
- 8 Ounces White Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1-14 Ounce Can Diced No Salt Added Tomatoes Drained with Liquid Reserved
- 1-15 Ounce Can Low Sodium Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 8 Cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Basil
- 3/4 Cup Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Parmesan Cheese Shaved or Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta; cook until just tender, about 6 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Once onions begin to brown, add reserved tomato liquid 1 tablespoon at a time to bring browned bits off bottom of pan.
- Add mushrooms, salt, black and red pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms release their liquid, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, spinach and crushed red pepper (if using). Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring once halfway through, until the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and ricotta cheese and divide among 4 bowls. Top with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
Comments are closed.