By November 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Cook: 30 mins
Can be served hot or cold, by themselves or with bread and ammoglio sauce.
- 1 Large Eggplant partially peeled, cut in 1/4 to 1/2 slices
- Medium Thickness Provolone Cheese Sliced
- Medium Thickness Mortadella Ham Sliced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Layer slice of eggplant, cheese, meat and another slice of eggplant to form a sandwich.
- Dip in egg wash, then breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place sandwich on foil or parchment lined baking pan with sides that has been lightly coated with olive oil.
- Drizzle a little oil on top of each sandwich.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Flip sandwiches half way through cooking.