Black Bean Burger
By December 18, 2020Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Kelly Michiya is a certified health coach, personal trainer and group exercise instructor. She is also a certified vegan lifestyle coach and educator. She has a master’s degree in exercise science as well as in nutrition. She fully embraces a whole food plant-based lifestyle, and her goal is to educate others of the benefits of this wonderful way of living so that they can take charge of their own health and contribute to creating a healthy, compassionate world.
- 2 Cups Black Bean
- 1/2 Cup Onions coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup Old-fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp Ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 Tbsp Red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 °F (or 400 °F if you want the burgers to cook quickly). Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture reaches the consistency you like. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a pan liner. Form the mixture into patties. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 °F or 8 – 10 minutes at 400 °F.
- Serving Ideas:
As an open-faced burger with condiments
With cooked grain (e.g., brown rice) and steamed vegetables
No comments yet.