Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 130, Protein 5g, Carbs 35g
Total Fat 11g, Cholesterol 11mg
Sodium 202 mg
Food Exchanges: 1 ½ starch, 1 fruit, and 2 fat
Fruits of the Tropics Delight Recipe
By March 12, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
This dessert is a standout and it is very simple to prepare. The sauce, made with red wine and apple juice, adds to the flavor and to the presentation. Not to mention red wine is fine anytime.
- 4 Cups Sugar-Free Angel Food Cake cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 Cups Amaretto Creamer
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Ripe Mango peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 Cup Pineapple Cubed, fresh or canned
- 8 Small strawberries fresh, sliced
- 3 Medium-Sized Bananas peeled, cut into slices
- 1 Cup Concentrated Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 8 Ounces Reduced-Fat Cream Cheese softened
- 8 Ounces Sugar-Free Whipped Topping thawed, if frozen
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Flaked Coconut optional
- Place angel food cake cubes in bottom of a 10” cake pan. Mix in 1-cup of amaretto creamer.
- Layer top of cake with mango, pineapple, strawberries and bananas (soak slices in lemon juice & water mixture for 5 minutes). This process is to stop your bananas from turning brown.
- Blend cream cheese, whipped topping and remaining cup of creamer in mixing bowl until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over fruit. Sprinkle toasted coconut, if desired.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving